Friday, April 13, 2012

Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse Foundation: Not Quite a Dream, But Not a Nightmare Either

MelBivDevoe






Via Maybelline.com

Spring is here, and I'm shedding my winter layers. Time for t-shirts and flip-flops! Anything that weighs me down has got to go, and that includes heavy, greasy makeup. What better time than now to try something that claims to be light and clean, like Maybelline's Dream Matte Mousse foundation?

This stuff is exactly what it sounds like.  It's a light, airy mousse that looks like it should be on a dessert plate rather than going on my face.  Or maybe that's just my stomach talking.  It does a lot of my thinking for me.

So, first things first.  The shade I purchased was Classic Ivory, the second lightest color offered (I'm so pale, I scare ghosts).  I knew I needed something light.  I was not, however, expecting it to be a light orange shade.  I should've known better.

The texture, however, is amazing.  It goes on very smoothly, whether by brush or fingertip, and it feels silky on my skin.  It spreads well and blends nicely.  And since it's matte, it doesn't make my skin look shiny or oily.  But it isn't thick enough to hide my undereye circles, so if I decide to experiment with another shade (the lightest one, Porcelain Ivory, might be less orange... or maybe I'm too optimistic), I will still have to try to find a separate concealer for my dark circles.  My curse, it goes on.

A little bit seems to go a long way, so for the $8 I spent, if the shade were right this mousse would be a worthwhile investment.  So if you're better at matching your skin tone than I am, I recommend it.  But as it stands, I will be heading back to the beauty aisle to try another color.  I'm kinda hoping the lightest shad will work out for me, because I don't want to have to buy a heavy, pore-clogging foundation.  Gotta look fresh for spring!

Dream Matte Mousse is available online and in stores.  It retails for around $8.  I give it a 6 out of 8 tentacles for potential. 

Rating: 6/8 tentacles





Check out other foundation reviews: Ask Ink for Fair, Light Skin Foundation, Clinique Redness Solutions Foundation, Clinique Superbalanced Powder Makeup, Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse, Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse, and MAC Mineralize SkinFinish Natural Powder.

No comments:

Post a Comment