Thursday, March 8, 2012

Time to Get My MAC On: MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural Powder

Rusty





Make up is a tricky and very personal thing. I’ve never liked the feeling of having “stuff” on my face, and for all of high school the only time I ever wore make up was for color guard performances or dances, so I never trained myself to the point where I was able to ignore it.

Since becoming an adult I’ve done my best to stick to products that let me appear to be wearing make up while not actually giving me the dreaded ‘make up’ feeling. MAC’s Mineralize Skinfinish Natural has been excellent in helping me achieve this goal.

One of the things I’ve had trouble with in finding makeup has been the fact that most lines don’t extend their “pale” shades down to “About a shade removed from albino” so it’s tricky for me to find makeup that matches my skin and doesn’t make me look like I’m jaundiced or having an unfortunate experimentation with self tanner only on my face. The “Light” shade of this, though, works perfectly for me and the coverage is sheer enough that it would probably work well for people who were a shade or two in either direction as well. For me, the makeup just gives a nice matte ‘finished’ look to my face whether I’m wearing it over foundation or just over moisturized bare skin. I look polished and ‘done’ without looking overdone. And the powder is very light, so once it’s on it’s very easy to forget you’re wearing it.

Everything comes with downsides, and the first and most obvious one with this makeup is the price. It is expensive for a powder, but I’ve had my container for longer than I should probably mention out loud because it’s so densely compressed that you don’t run through it very quickly. It also doesn’t have great staying power, so if you’re going to be out all day you should probably toss the compact in your bag for mid-day touch ups on the go.

MAC’s Mineralize Skinfinish Natural get a 7 out of 8 because the two small downsides don’t detract from it being a great sheer finish for any time of day, and for the one compact lasting multiple years with no signs of running out anytime soon.

Rating: 7/8 tentacles

No comments:

Post a Comment