Monday, December 19, 2011

Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse Foundation - Smooth as Babyface's Greatest Hits

Kolby



The very first time I tried liquid foundation I was thirteen years old. The only product I'd ever heard of at that age was Cover Girl Clean Makeup, and I don't know if it was the texture or tint of the makeup, or the heavy hand I used in applying it, but it looked enough like a Halloween mask that I washed it off and never again tried liquid foundation for, ah, a few years. I used only powder foundations throughout my twenties, and my skin has always been oily enough for powders to work well for me all year long.

Recently, though, I noticed that as the weather has grown cooler, my skin has gotten a bit drier, and my go-to powder foundation no longer compliments my skin the way I'd like it to. So, I've decided to conquer my fear of liquid foundation, and I've begun this journey by trying a drug store brand (I'm not too keen on shelling out $20+ on a department store brand of makeup if it's something I'll use once and then toss out in disgust), and it turns out the foundations they're offering in stores today are quite a bit different from the selection that was available to the 8th Grade version of Kolby.

The one that I chose to try first (but hopefully also last) is Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse. I snatched this particular formula, after browsing the aisles in the beauty section of Target for twenty minutes, because the display touted the foundation's ability to give the wearer "100% poreless skin" and "airbrushed perfection." Now, I'm gullible, but I wasn't convinced that this product could do what the manufacturer claimed, so I purchased the foundation without feeling entirely sure that it was the correct formula for me and my skin.

I'll admit that I was nervous the first time I tried Dream Liquid Mousse. Since I haven't used liquid foundation for...a while, my makeup bag(s) do not contain foundation brushes or blending sponges. Luckily, Maybelline recommends apply this foundation much like we might a lotion - with our handy-dandy fingertips. It's really quite easy to apply, and feels so good going on - creamy but not too thick, and tremendously blendable. No streaks or dark spots! I was also immediately impressed by the feather-light feel of this foundation, and the excellent coverage it provides despite the weightlessness.

But does it achieve "100% poreless skin" and "airbrushed perfection"? Well, not quite, but it does get closer than any of the powder foundations I've been so devoted to all these years. The pores on my nose and the apples of my cheeks do appear significantly diminished in size when I'm wearing Dream Liquid Mousse, and my skin looks smoother and fresher, and my complexion is noticeably more even after application. It gives me a clean, clear base over which to apply the rest of my makeup, and as a result, everything else looks better, too.

All in all, I'm quite satisfied with Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse Foundation, and I'm in awe at how far foundations have come - in quality and quantity of available products - since I was just a girl. I wholly recommend this particular foundation, for ease of application and overall satisfying results. I'm giving it 7 out of 8 Tentacles. I'm reluctant to give it an 8 out of 8, since I'm new to the liquid foundation game, and there's a chance I'll eventually encounter a product that performs better than this one has. Until then, I'll love the one I'm with.

Rating: 7/8

No comments:

Post a Comment