Thursday, August 16, 2012

Pretty (in Cheap) Pastels: Avon's Nailwear Pro+

Figgy





Hallelujah! I've found a non-shitty nail polish that I actually like!

As you might know, I'm a bit of a fiend for coloring my nails. It's an easy, fast way to put some color into my life, and I like changing my polish almost weekly.

You might also know that most polishes are pretty terrible. They crack, peel and chip away almost hours after you apply them. I've tried everything from Rimmel (remember that? Worst POS I've ever tried), OPI (I love the colors but those polishes don't last for shit on me), and Sally Hansen (mostly really good and cheap). So I wanted to try something new.


Enter Avon and it's 99 cent shipping and constant offers on stuff. I love Avon. And ordering online helps me avoid, you know, actually talking to a person, because I'm a freak. I ordered two colors of their Nailwear Pro + collection; Cotton Candy- a very pale pink, and Luxe Lavender- a lovely soft lavender. This was my one concession into trying a very Summer 2012 trend--screw you, tight neon pants and mesh shirts, I'm going with pastels on my nails!

The polish goes on a little clear, so I needed a couple of coats for the color to really show through. It dried quickly and the color went on very smoothly, though a little more so on the purple than on the pink. The colors are lovely. The pink is just girly enough without being all 12 year old, and the purple is one of my favorite shades ever.

And it LASTS. Even after working an 8 hour shift doing stock at work, even after cooking and then washing countless times, the polish stayed in place. It only started to chip about a week later, which is pretty impressive staying power, even without a base coat applied.

My only complaint is that the pink looked a little streaky, but that might have been my fault as I put it on when I was half asleep. Also (and this wasn't a very scientific control or anything) the pink seemed to chip a lot easier than the purple for some bizarre reason. It still lasted a nice while, though.

The best part? The price. I feel ridiculous paying anything more than $5 for a bottle of nail paint, so at $3.50 a pop (originally $6 but like I said, Avon always has specials going on) they're the perfect buy for me. The shimmer shades are also very pretty, though not particularly sparkly, which I actually liked. I haven't tried the sequins shades, but that'll be my next buy, I think.

I highly recommend it. Check out Avon's website for a ton of pretty shades and great offers, and have fun! A happy 8 out of 8 tentacles for me!

Rating: 8/8 tentacles




You might also like: Avon Solutions Total Radiance Eye Gel, Avon Advanced Techniques Frizz Control Lotus Shield, Avon Anti-Rub Blister Stick,and Avon Therapeutic Cracked Heel Relief Cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment