Monday, March 12, 2012

I Find You No Longer A-peeling: Sally Hansen's "Hard as Nails" Hardener

Figgy




Y'all might remember my angry reaction to trying out one of Rimmel's nail polishes a little while ago. What I couldn't write into my review but added in the comments was the complete disaster that stuff worked on my nails. After applying the polish twice my nails became incredibly brittle and started peeling, which is probably worse than just having them break right off. I'm placing the blame entirely on that polish, as I've worn hundreds of others before without my nails pitching such a fit about it.

Anyway, I needed to find a cure and quick, because the nails were peeling down to the quick and it was starting to hurt like hell. I dug out my Sally Hansen Hard as Nails hardener and applied a couple of coats, then waited for this go-to cure to work its magic.


Hallelujah and praise the Sweet Jebus of Beauty! A week and a couple of applications later and my nails are finally growing normally again. They're definitely back to their normal, hard selves, and I'm pretty confident that I can actually grow them out longer this time. It's a damn miracle.

The bottle says you can use it as a base coat, but I haven't tried that out yet. I just know that it worked wonderfully as a quick fix to my ravaged nails. Best of all, it was cheap and readily available at Target.

So, Sally Hansen Hard As Nails gets a hearty 8/8 tentacles from me. I highly recommend it for anyone who needs help with brittle or peeling nails. I'll add in yet another warning against using Rimmel's shitty nail polish.

Rating: 8/8 tentacles

1 comment:

  1. the nails on my right hand have been so peely ever since I got rid of the shellac manicure I had! and that was in December! looks like I need this stuff.

    ReplyDelete