Thursday, December 22, 2011

Avon Advanced Techniques Frizz Control Lotus Shield: Results May Vary

Pinky McLadybits

I think I've said this before, but I used to sell Avon. As recently as a few months ago, in fact. It doesn't make me any more enamored with their products, I can tell you that much. The cute boots I bought last year but haven't really worn until this year? Falling apart. Their Magix Face Perfecting Primer? Peeled the skin off my face. So, I'm going to tell you the truth about this Avon Advanced Techniques Frizz Control Lotus Shield.

First, THE NAME IS TOO DAMN LONG. All these beauty products with long-ass names, STOP IT. I HATE IT.

Second, this stuff smells really nice. It smells like hair product, but that fancy kind of hair product that probably uses the milk of a rare butterfly-rat hybrid to make your hair smooth and still have a nice scent. That kind. And third, I'm going to stop counting in the review now.

You get 2 fluid ounces for $12.99 (but on sale now for $7.99), which I suppose isn't too bad. Even with my thick hair, I only need a dime-sized squirt (ew) or less to work through my hair. Alas, this is where the awesome ends. I couldn't really tell that the Lotus Shield actually did anything for my hair. It was still pretty frizzed in places after I finished blow-drying and flat-ironing my hair, which is odd.

I know that in the past, generally in the summer months, the Lotus Shield has worked for me. So I am confused about this time. That said, it doesn't leave your hair feeling greasy or stiff, which is a big bonus. I feel like this stuff would be good to use, but not every time you need it, if that makes sense. It has worked in the past and might work again in the future...this is the oddest review I've ever had to write. I'm going to go ahead and split the difference here and just say that you might want to give Avon Advanced Techniques Frizz Control Lotus Shield a try. The price is low and the amount is sufficient to last a while. However, it will be a crapshoot as to when it works for you. I suggest using it in the summer when humidity is being a bitch to your hair.

Rating: 4/8 tentacles

No comments:

Post a Comment