Monday, August 20, 2012

Birchbox Treats: Schick Hydro Silk Razor

Pinky McLadybits





Birchbox really knows the way to this girl's heart. Just hours after I stood in the shaving aisle of Target and decided I didn't want to pay more for razor refills than all the other items in my cart, my Birchbox arrived. Inside was Schick Hydro Silk razor, along with coupons for refills if I liked the product.

That, my dear readers, is a SCORE.

Schick is already my go-to brand when it comes to keeping my legs smooth(ish) and mostly free of stupid hairs. I usually employ the services of Schick Quattro for that purpose. Lately it hasn't been removing hair well at all. New blades haven't made a difference at all and I was pissed. Perhaps Schick Hydro Silk could be my new razor buddy?


First of all, this thing has about twelve blades. I think. Maybe there are only five blades. Five curve-sensing blades, whatever that is supposed to mean. I'm fairly certain that the width of this razor head precludes any ability to sense and maneuver curves on my legs. There is also some sort of water activated serum present in the razor head that is supposed to help moisturize your legs.

The blades are wide and are actually painful. I mean, we all know razors are for cutting but I usually don't feel pain when using a razor on my legs. The Schick Hydro Silk was painful to use. It felt like it was tearing the skin off my legs. My Schick Quattro doesn't do that. I suppose it should be no surprise that the Hydro Silk left my legs smoother than the Quattro, considering that it removed skin. Yes, the Hydro left my legs smooth but bloody. I had to throw on my bath robe and apply pressure to several different areas of my legs to stop the blood. I am not used to that. I did not like it, no sir.

I'm torn, both in skin on my legs and my feeling for this product. It did leave my legs smooth but it was painful to use and made me bleed my own blood. I used Trader Joe's Honey Mango Moisturizing Shave Cream and was still in need of lots of almond butter to re-hydrate my legs. Perhaps I'll just split the difference here.

Rating: 4/8 tentacles




You might also like: Save Your Razors,Up&Up Women's Electric Razor, Shea Moisture Shave Coconut and Hibiscus Shave Butter, and eos Shave Cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment