Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Sample Roulette: Murad Oil-Free Sunscreen

Rusty







I order from Sephora kind of a lot. Because of this I have a giant box of samples just hanging out, waiting to be used. This… is… SAMPLE ROULETTE. Due to the brief nature of the use, I will assign ratings as 0 (stay away) 4 (I liked it, but didn’t love it) or 8 (love it and will probably be dropping my own money on it in short order). Enjoy!

Falling somewhere between “printer paper” and “Casper the Friendly Ghost” on the skin tone scale, sunblock should be my best friend. But it isn’t, because I have a weird thing about textures and a lot of sunblock seems to feel oily, or gritty, or otherwise unpleasant. I still wear it, because it’s less unpleasant than a sunburn. When I got the sample of Murad Oil-Free Sunscreen I threw it in my purse just in case I found myself outside unexpectedly on a sunny day. 

Such a day did arise and as I fished the little sample pack out of my purse and ripped it open, I found that this sunblock had very little of the negative qualities I associate with sunscreen. True to the label, it was oil-free so it didn’t have the greasy feel that many sunblocks do. It also went on smoothly, without the strange slight grittiness that some oil-free sunblocks tend towards. And I didn’t burn! So it seems to have worked on that front as well. 

Sadly, I don’t have the cash to spend $31 on 1.7oz of sunblock no matter how nice it is. As much as it might pain me to ding a perfect sunblock on price alone, I have to give this a 0 out of 8. Sunblock is nearly ubiquitous now and making its way into daily moisturizers and even some cosmetics, so it doesn’t make sense to pay that much for a dedicated sunblock that’s only 30SPF. No matter how nice it may be. 


Rating: 0/8 tentacles










Do you want more hot sample action? Try BritePrepFX Primer,Ole Henrikson Truth Serum,Murad Skin Perfecting Lotion, and Bumble and Bumble Thickening Hairspray.

No comments:

Post a Comment