Monday, January 23, 2012

Rusty's Sample Roulette: Ole Henriksen Truth Serum Collagen Booster

Rusty




I order from Sephora kind of a lot. Because of this I have a giant box of samples just hanging out, waiting to be used. This… is… SAMPLE ROULETTE. Due to the brief nature of the use, I will assign ratings as 0 (stay away) 4 (I liked it, but didn’t love it) or 8 (love it and will probably be dropping my own money on it in short order). Enjoy!

Sometimes there are products that should not come in the standard tiny envelope style of sample. Ole Henriksen Truth Serum Collagen Booster is one of those products. The high viscosity of the product meant that squeezing the desired amount out of the packet more likely than not resulted in me getting it all over my hands and then desperately trying to apply it before it dried on my fingers.

Once on my face, though, the product seemed to work as promised. At first it was a little sticky, but it dried and I found my skin felt very smooth while I was using it. Also maybe a little brighter, but that was harder for me to notice a true change. The hydration it offered was not enough for me in winter, but for people who don’t have chronically dry skin, it could work find on its own without an additional moisturizer.

I liked this product, and felt like it did what it said it would do. I’m not sure if I’d use it every day, since at $48 for a 1 oz tube it’s a little pricey for me, but for someone looking for a natural skin serum that’s not irritating and can help improve your skin’s texture this is a good bet.

I’m rating this 8 out of 8, because it definitely improved my skin’s texture and is a good value over more expensive skin care products that offer similar benefits.

Rating: 8/8 tentacles

No comments:

Post a Comment