Friday, October 14, 2011

Rusty's Sample Roulette: Murad Skin Perfecting Lotion

Author: Rusty



I order from Sephora kind of a lot. Because of this I have a giant box of samples just hanging out, waiting to be used. This… is… SAMPLE ROULETTE. Due to the brief nature of the use, I will assign ratings as 0 (stay away) 4 (I liked it, but didn’t love it) or 8 (love it and will probably be dropping my own money on it in short order). Enjoy!



I fished out the Murad Skin Perfecting Lotion from the jumble of samples and decided to give it a try because it was not 1. anti-aging (I AM 25, SEPHORA. GOD!) or 2. some form of make up primer since I wasn’t planning on wearing make up that day. The wee packet yielded up two applications which I used over two days so this is what I was able to discern from that brief time:


  1. My skin does feel really soft and smooth. I have pretty smooth skin already, though, so I’m not sure how far it had to go.
  2. My skin also seems to be a little brighter.


The lotion didn’t feel very thick going on, but it also didn’t feel greasy and my skin still felt moisturized.
It was also very gentle. My skin tends to be at its most sensitive right after I wash it and I didn’t have even a bit of stinging or redness from putting this on.

I had been pretty sniffly the week before using this, and tissue usage had torn up the skin around my nose pretty well. The skin on my nose is back to being smooth and soft now, rather than cracked and irritated. That on its own is pretty impressive.

According to the Sephora website, Murad’s lotion doesn’t have any synthetic fragrances, dyes, petrochemicals or a bunch of other things that I guess are supposed to be bad. Of course, it’s also pretty expensive, so I’m not sure I can give it a full recommendation. I’ll rate this a 4 out of 8 tentacles, and tell you all to do your best to score your own sample to give it a whirl yourself to see if it’s worth it for you.

Rating: 4/8 tentacles

No comments:

Post a Comment