Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Rusty's Sample Roulette: Bumble and bumble Thickening Hairspray


Rusty




I order from Sephora kind of a lot. Because of this I have a giant box of samples just hanging out, waiting to be used. This… is… SAMPLE ROULETTE. Due to the brief nature of the use, I will assign ratings as 0 (stay away) 4 (I liked it, but didn’t love it) or 8 (love it and will probably be dropping my own money on it in short order). Enjoy!

My hair is notoriously uncooperative with certain kinds of styling. Particularly styling that involves ‘lift’, ‘bounce’, ‘curls’, ‘volume’, or any other similar terms. I’ve received many compliments on how soft my hair is, but having very soft and fine hair means sacrificing having full hair from what I can tell.


Having received a super sample of Bumble and bumble’s thickening hairspray, I decided to give it a try. After a shower I sprayed this on my damp hair and then blow dried while brushing it out with a round brush. The hairspray has a very light hold, and was easy to brush through both while my hair was damp and after it was dried. I didn’t get that ‘crunchy’ feeling that accompanies super hold hairsprays.

After using it I did notice some extra thickness to my hair and a little more bounce, but certainly nothing dramatic. When compared to my usual post shower styling product (Herbal Essences mousse) I found it to offer longer hold and more thickness to my hair. It also seemed to help with my winter time static issues more than the other mousse.

I’d give this product a 4 out of 8 because I didn’t find it to be life changing, but it gave my hair a nice boost. I’ll definitely use the rest of my super sample up and keep it in mind for the next time I’m looking for hair care products.

Rating: 4/8 tentacles

No comments:

Post a Comment