Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Rimmel London Sexy Curves Mascara: Baby Got Back

Pinky McLadybits






While we were on vacation? I had a stupid eye infection in my right eye. I couldn't wear contacts for ten days. That was devastating. I also had to put actual ointment in my eye. That was disgusting. Have you ever tried to squirt ointment into your eye? While nearly blind? Oh, I also had my hand in a fucking splint at the time. So, half-blind, one hand in a splint, velcro straps all akimbo near my delicate eyes, and I'm attempting to make a pocket of my lower lid and squeeze ointment into it. It was like rubbing my eyeball with vaseline. So gross.

All of that to tell you that I had to throw out my very expensive Benefit They're Real! Mascara because there was a chance that the infection was on the brush or whatever and I did not want that infection again. So, into the trash $22 went. I may be acting dramatic about this. It was probably time to toss it anyway. But fuck that eye infection.

When I first bought the Benefit mascara, I came across a YouTube video that claimed Rimmel London Sexy Curves Mascara was a cheaper way to get the same effect. I decided that I would put that to the test when I was ready for some new mascara. At $7.99 compared to $25, I was already a little in love with Rimmel. I tried it with a positive attitude and extreme joy at being able to put black mascara on my long-yet-invisible lashes. 

The brush is sort of in and out in and out. Like a...triple hourglass or something. I don't know. Anyway, I was glad to see that the brush didn't hold a ton of excess mascara when I pulled it from the tube the first time. There was no clumping and I was able to make my lashes visible with less work than some other mascaras. I only did one coat and was able to tell a big difference between my lashes.

Another bonus was that my lashes didn't feel sticky or crunchy after application. It was so nice. I actually forgot I was wearing mascara, which is either because I am an idiot, I was used to not having it on, Rimmel London Sexy Curves Mascara is AWESOME. Let's compromise and call it a combination of those things, okay? Yeah.

I accidentally slept in the mascara the first night, so I woke up with little shards of mascara on my cheeks and around my eyes. When I remembered to oil-cleanse my face the next day, all of the mascara came off easily. I didn't need to rub my eyes like crazy, but it had stayed in place all day. That is good. I don't want to add to the dark circles presently camping under my eyes with rogue mascara streaks. Jerks. Anyway, Rimmel London Sexy Curves Mascara is just as good as Benefit They're Real! Mascara. Perhaps better. 

Rating: 7/8 tentacles





No comments:

Post a Comment