Friday, April 6, 2012

Givenchy's Phenomen'Eyes: Crazy Brush, Insane Lashes?

Glam






Fact: As a strong, fierce, independent Asian woman, I have totally dinky lashes. I'm constantly searching for any mascara that will give me any sort of lash definition and I'm constantly disappointed by beauty company's claims of "bigger, bolder lashes." I've bought drug-store brands and I've bough high-end brands, both having the same amount of disappointments.

And then I found Givenchy's Phenomen'Eyes.

Half medieval torture device, half glamour saviour, Phenomen'Eyes is a wondrous product. As I've said, I have really garbage eye lashes that are not only short and super hard to curl, but they're really fine and no matter how hard I try, they NEVER keep their curl nor do they even seem visible.

I have a hard time using big brushes like those found on Dior's DiorShow or Cover Girl's Lash Blast and that family, but I find that tiny brushes such as Too Faced Lash Injection Pinpoint Mascara often can't give the volume that I seek. Enter Phenomen'Eyes aka the answer to my dreams. A really really expensive answer to my dreams, but an answer nonetheless.

The rounded brush makes it easy to reach all of those little tiny hairs so all of your lashes get definition and added length. It doesn't add a TON of volume, but I've found that no mascara really gets the holy trinity (length, volume and curl) quite right. Because of the brush, you're really able to not only get up in the hard to reach places like the inner and outer corners of your eyes, but it curls nicely too.

The formula isn't quite "wet" so you don't have to stand there for minutes waiting for it to dry properly, but it's not quite "dry" enough so it feels like it goes on evenly and smoothly. It does have the tendency to clump ever so slightly if you spend too much time in one area, but what mascara doesn't? I didn't need to use a primer for this, and from what I've heard, primers increase the clump factor. But you really don't need it. If I don't need it, TRUST ME, you won't need it. The brush took maybe one day to get used to, and then it was smooth sailing. It also doesn't flake off during the day, which is great, because who likes having black crud sprinkled on their cheeks, you know?

This retails to $30 Canadian at Sephora, which is more expensive than DiorShow, but to me it is FULLY worth it. It gives fantastic length, it gives some curl (to my really hard-to-curl lashes) and dries super fast and even gives some volume.

I'm giving Givenchy's Phenomen'Eyes 8 out of 8 tentacles because it does the very difficult job of making me look like I have actual lashes. I can only image how dramatic it would look on those blessed with naturally full and lush lashes. I cannot say enough good things about this mascara. I will absolutely buy this again, despite it's price tag, it's that good to me.

Rating: 8/8 tentacles

No comments:

Post a Comment