Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Revlon Lash Fantasy Total Definition Mascara: Yes, please.


Tamatha


Given my affinity for all things natural, you might be surprised that A) I buy pretty much all my make-up at the drug store and B) I am a seriously loyal Revlon customer. It all started back in 1990 when Revlon was one of the first big make-up companies to stop testing on animals. I wanted to support this great move on their part, so I started buying their products pretty exclusively. And I've been supporting them ever since.*

I've tried a few of Revlon's mascaras over the years, and the Lash Fantasy (terrible name aside) is my favorite. *Especially* since it now has my favorite style of mascara wand--the kind with the rubber bristles. These flexible bristles are so much better than the traditional, stiffer ones.

Revlon Lash Fantasy Total Definition mascara has two components: a primer and a mascara. This is extra fabulous, because it gives you options. If you want a more low-key effect, then just use the mascara without the primer. But if you want a look with more impact, then use the primer first, under the mascara, to build up your lashes.

I find that, especially with this brush, there is minimal clumping so the application process is easy. Even with the non-waterproof version I currently have, this mascara has serious staying power. No, seriously--when it's time to take it off, I have to let the cold cream sit on my lashes for a minute or two to soften up the mascara so I can remove it. Although I can't attest to the non-waterproof version's ability to withstand a good cry, I'm guessing it's probably up to it. The previous tube I had was waterproof, and was awesome, so if you prefer that formula, go with the waterproof version.

I know that all mascaras tout their ability to make your lashes look 10,000 times plumper and longer, which we all know is ridiculous. But I will say this about Revlon's Lash Fantasy Total Definition mascara, it makes my very pale lashes pop. They definitely look thicker and the mascara does a good job of accentuating their length. A couple coats of primer and a couple coats of mascara and my eyes are ready for a night on the town. And, as I mentioned, if I want a more subtle look, I'll just skip the primer.

So, if you're looking for a new mascara, I definitely recommend Revlon's Lash Fantasy Total Definition mascara. 8 out of 8 tentacles because it does what a mascara is supposed to do.

Rating: 8/8 tentacles




* If you are curious which companies do and do not test on animals, you can use this searchable database from PETA. And no, I'm not a huge PETA fan, but I do trust their research on companies that engage in animal testing.

No comments:

Post a Comment