Monday, March 12, 2012

Old Faithful: CoverGirl LashBlast Fusion Mascara

Dixie





Brace yourselves, I'm about to review my first non-hippie product. I know, I had to sit down and have a sip of water as well. So, I'm going to tell you about a product that is a staple of mine. It doesn't particularly blow my socks off, but it never, ever lets me down. I know I'm preaching to the light-eyelashed choir, but I cannot stress enough how important it is to have a dependable mascara in your makeup tool kit.


Mascara can make or break your look - it can either give a nice frame around your eye shadow colors or it can flake off on your cheeks, making you look like an overly dramatic soap opera actress. CoverGirl makes a great line of mascaras that really have never let me down and the LashBlast Fusion or, as I like to call it, The Purple One, is no exception.

When I look for a mascara, I look for a product that will beef up my thin, light eyelashes rather than lengthen. I mean, lengthening is nice, but it's not what I need. So, I look for a formula that's more of a mousse rather than a gel. The LashBlast Fusion fits the bill - the formula is nice and light and sticks together just enough to plump up the appearance of my lashes without making them clump into those sexy spider lashes. You know what I'm talking about.

The real make-or-break feature of mascara for me is staying power. If I accidentally get a formula that's more of a gel than a mouse, I'll tough it out for two months...as long as it stays on my damn lashes. When it comes to makeup, there are few things I hate more than looking like a hungover raccoon by 10 am. Again, The Purple One never lets me down. It stays where it belongs, and no where else. Even more impressive, it stays put fairly well if I happen to get caught in a bit of rain and during Bikram yoga. Sure, it runs a little bit when I'm sweating my ass off in the hot room, but it stays right under my lash line where I can easily wipe it off.

I should also mention that the water-resistant formula of the LashBlast Fusion plumps up my eyelashes equally as well. I typically wear it if I know the weather forecast calls for rain or when I know for sure I'm going to Bikram yoga in the afternoon. This stuff, readers, stays put until I wash my face in the evening. Then the mascara washes right off without requiring eye makeup remover. Nice.

I do wish the tube lasted a bit longer, though. By the end of the second month, it's a struggle to get enough mascara on the brush to cover my lashes with two coats. I don't feel like I use an inordinate amount of mascara, so I'm not sure why The Purple One runs out so quickly. Does the brush deposit more mascara than the usual, thereby causing it to be consumed more quickly? Or does the nature of the formula cause it to become more tacky and stick inside the tube? I don't know. But, I do know this, I'll out up with this little quirk as long as The Purple One continues to make my lashes look purty.

I give the LashBlast Fusion a 6/8 tentacles. As I said before, it's a dependable product but it doesn't make me feel like hugging my mascara tube after I apply it. You can find The Purple One for between $8 and $10 at drugstores and discount departments stores most anywhere.


Rating: 6/8 tentacles

No comments:

Post a Comment