Thursday, April 12, 2012

Maybelline Color Tattoo Eyeshadow: Better Than That Tramp Stamp Of Yours

Pinky McLadybits





I was browsing the grocery store the other day, with nothing particular in mind to buy, when I wandered to the sale tags in their makeup section. I thought I would see what new items were available and review them for you. I'm always thinking of you, you see.

Maybelline had a new eyeshadow and it was on sale. DOUBLE SCORE. I chose Bold Gold in their Color Tattoo Eyeshadow, which is supposed to last 24 hours. As someone with eyelids that make a habit of sliding my eye makeup all over the place, I decided to put this claim to the test.

I decided that I would try a few different things with the Bold Gold and see how it fared. I first decided to apply it as an eyeliner, a la Cinna, and without the aid of any sort of eyelid primer. I did not have high hopes for staying power.

I opened the pot of color and found that there was a generous portion of eyeshadow. It is a cream and I used a small concealer brush to dip into the pot and pick up the color. I then gave myself a touch of color with the Bold Gold eyeliner. It went on smoothly and was easy to work with. You can use a small amount for a tiny shimmer of color or you can use more for a really striking and rich color. This time was the tiny shimmer.

The Maybelline Color Tattoo Eyeshadow did not irritate my eyes. It didn't feel heavy or thick on my lids and I forgot I was wearing it for most of the day. I checked on the staying power after a couple of hours and found that the line had migrated north on my lid. The line was now undefined and my entire lid had a touch of sparkle. It moved, but it didn't come off. Well, not then. This experiment did not last the 24 promised hours.

The next time I tried my Bold Gold, I used lid primer. I did the flawless skin fakeout and used the Color Tattoo as a thicker liner with my makeup. It looked really soft and lovely with the pale purple colors I chose. It also lasted all day long. It even lasted through the two separate face washes I used. The 24 hour claim had come true! Hurrah!

I really like the Maybelline Color Tattoo Eyeshadow. The colors are rich and shimmery and it looks as though one pot of color will last for a while. You can do an eyeliner sort of thing or go thicker. You could, if so inclined, cover your entire lid with the colors and then go out without worrying about the staying power. Provided you use an eyelid primer, that is.

Rating: 6/8 tentacles





We have other eyeshadow reviews! Check out Lorac Red Carpet Reveal Eye and Cheek Palette, Ask Ink, Urban Decay Eyeshadows, and Ask Ink Applying Cream Eyeshadows.

No comments:

Post a Comment