Friday, September 16, 2011

Ask Ink: Green Eyeshadow for Pale Redheads with Hazel Eyes








This week's question via email:

"So I'm a light-skinned, fake redhead with hazel eyes that loves rocking some green eyeshadow every once in a while. However, some of the greens are just too...green! I feel like my eyes disappear and look wonky behind my glasses. I remember I once found the right green, but I don't know what made it work. Should I be looking for a warmer green? Just using it as an accent? If it's just an accent, what other colors would I be using? Please help me, Hot Ink!"


As a pale redhead with hazel eyes, one of the things I’ve learned is that when it comes to any color of eyeshadow you generally want to stick to rich colors. I’ve found that light colors next to dark eyes, even on a pale face, won’t stand out so you want something a bit more assertive that will show up enough to combat the charming black hole effect that happens to me sometimes. I’ve made a video where I do two different looks with green eyeshadow, one for daytime and one for nighttime. While doing the makeup I talk some about what choices I’ve made with these looks so you can apply the concepts to other colors. Enjoy!



Products used:
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion Original Formula (On sale but only if you buy two.)

Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Chains, Midnight Cowboy, and Uzi

Urban Decay Cream Eyeshadow in Grass (On sale right now!)

Urban Decay Loose Pigment in Gunmetal (Also on sale right now!)

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Zero

1 comment:

  1. Awesome video! Your makeup assistant cracked me up.

    ReplyDelete