Monday, April 9, 2012

e.l.f. Mineral Infused Face Primer: You Were Destined To Have A Flaw

Pinky McLadybits





While doing my cleanup of my makeup products, I had to throw out my Arbonne Makeup Primer. Arbonne products are not made to sit for long periods of time and I had already kept it past when I should have already tossed it. I was sad that day.

I decided to try a primer that we hadn't already tackled on here, so I chose e.l.f. Mineral Infused Face Primer. We've reviewed so many e.l.f. products on here and loved them all. I was certain that I would be happy with their Primer.

Being wrong never gets any easier, in case you were wondering.


I decided to use the primer while also using another item I'll be reviewing soon. I would have looked crazy with bold eye makeup and a splotchy face. This made me decide to do a full face of makeup. After washing and moisturizing I opened my Face Primer. It took a full minute of pumping before any product ever came out.

That was annoying. When product finally deigned to appear in my palm, I was unsure about how much to use. I ended up needing about 2 to 3 good pumps of Face Primer to get coverage on my face. There is a slightly odd smell to the primer, but it went onto my face smoothly. It felt nice, just like the Arbonne Primer. That's really the last good thing I can say about it.

"Developed to combat against excess oil, flaky dryness, enlarged pores and fine lines." That's the website description of the product. It definitely did not make my pores seem smaller. Quite the opposite, it appeared to have enlarged them. I don't know how the frick that happened, but I was less than pleased. Thankfully my bangs covered the worst of the Giant Pores. The rest of them were covered by my not giving a shit that day. So it worked out.

It definitely did not help with the fine lines around my eyes either. I was glad that they only showed up when I smile, so I scowled all day to look younger. It seemed like my face felt covered all day, too. Usually I wear makeup and after I get it all on I tend to forget that I am actually wearing it. This time I was hyper-aware of the layers on my face and I didn't like it at all. I am so disappointed in e.l.f. Mineral Infused Face Primer.

Rating: 2/8 tentacles



Check out some other makeup primer reviews: BritePrepFXToo Faced Shadow Insurance, Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion, and Sephora's Ultra Smoothing Primer.

2 comments:

  1. "so I scowled all day to look younger"

    I love that line!

    Thanks for trying this product so that others don't have to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. try the bare minerals primer next! I use it and love it.

    ReplyDelete