Thursday, January 26, 2012

Rusty's Sample Roulette: Sephora's Ultra Smoothing Primer

Rusty





I order from Sephora kind of a lot. Because of this I have a giant box of samples just hanging out, waiting to be used. This… is… SAMPLE ROULETTE. Due to the brief nature of the use, I will assign ratings as 0 (stay away) 4 (I liked it, but didn’t love it) or 8 (love it and will probably be dropping my own money on it in short order). Enjoy!

In my rotating series of primer samples, I came up with one actually made by Sephora. Sephora’s Perfecting Ultra-Smoothing Primer in clear to be specific. It was actually a decent sized sample too, a little tube instead of the standard foil envelope so I was excited that I could get more than three uses out of it. Well, I can, but I might not want to.

When I used the Ultra Smoothing Primer I found that it lived up to its claim; it did indeed make my face ultra smooth. So smooth, in fact, that I had trouble applying other makeup. After applying the primer I went to put on eyeliner, which entails gently pulling the outer corners of my eyes to make my lids flatter to help with the process of drawing on pencil eyeliner. While doing this, my skin kept slipping under my fingers because the primer had made it so slick. Foundation did glide over it easily, but I was unhappy with the slick, almost oily feeling it gave my skin.

Overall I’m rating Sephora’s Ultra Smoothing Primer a 4 out of 8. It works, in the sense that it does smooth your skin, but to the point where it makes applying other makeup difficult and the oily texture is unpleasant.

Rating: 4/8 tentacles

No comments:

Post a Comment