Monday, November 7, 2011

Nuance Salma Hayek Quinoa Smooth and Shine Conditioner

Author: MelBivDevoe

You guys, I am in love with Salma Hayek.  It has nothing to do with her acting abilities, her activism, her beautiful face, or her voluptuous curves.  No, I am in love with her for helping me finally (FINALLY!) get the smooth, sleek, shiny hair that I've always desired.

Earlier this year, Ms. Hayek launched her own line of beauty products in a partnership with CVS.  The line, called Nuance, includes hair, skin, and makeup products aimed at helping a woman "enhance the nuances that define her individual beauty," according to the Nuance website.  I've never been one to make a purchase based solely on the allure of a celebrity name.  However, if there's one thing I covet most about Salma Hayek, it would be her gorgeous hair.  So I decided to try the Quinoa Smooth and Shine Conditioner in the hopes that it would transform my dry mane.


The conditioner contains lots of healthy ingredients to infuse one's hair with moisture - wheat protein, quinoa seed extract, and olive oil are among those listed on the label.  It's also paraben free, which Boo will tell you is a good thing, and isn't tested on animals, which I think we can all agree is good.  And it has a light, fruity fragrance that makes my hair smell delicious.

And the shine, oh my goodness, you guys, the shine.  I've mentioned in previous reviews that I need a product that will restore the moisture that my hair lacks, and with the Nuance Quinoa conditioner, I have finally found it!  It's been over a day since I used it and went about my usual routine of blow drying and straightening my hair, and it's STILL shiny and smooth.  In fact, I usually have to touch up my hair in the morning with my flat iron, but I didn't this morning - it's still as sleek as it was yesterday! 

The conditioner does cost a little more than I usually spend for such a product - like I've said, I'm a bit of a tightwad lately.  It's about $8 for 10 ounces, so if you're frugal like me, it's a splurge.  But as the wise Tom Haverford says, "Treat yo' self!"  It's definitely worth the money, especially if your hair could use some serious help.  You can find all of the Nuance products only in CVS stores or online.  I give the Quinoa Smooth and Shine Conditioner 8 out of 8 tentacles.

Rating: 8/8 tentacles

No comments:

Post a Comment