Monday, November 7, 2011

Rusty's Sample Roulette: Cover FX Nourishing Foundation Primer and Anti-Aging Serum

Rusty


I order from Sephora kind of a lot. Because of this I have a giant box of samples just hanging out, waiting to be used. This… is… SAMPLE ROULETTE. Due to the brief nature of the use, I will assign ratings as 0 (stay away) 4 (I liked it, but didn’t love it) or 8 (love it and will probably be dropping my own money on it in short order). Enjoy!

There’s a tiny part of me that refuses to buy primer for my whole face. This isn’t a big surprise considering it took me until I was well into my twenties to buy foundation and I still only use it occasionally. Like, when other people tell me I have to. I don’t like the idea of smearing goo all over my face and leaving it there ALL DAY and now you tell me I have to smear ANOTHER layer of goo on BEFORE the other goo?!? Go goo yourself.



This philosophical stand does not prevent me from asking for and using any samples of primer that come my way. Hey, they offered. I got Cover FX’s Nourishing Foundation Primer and Anti-Aging Serum at some point and left it alone for a while because I don’t need anti-aging anything (SERIOUSLY, SEPHORA, PAY ATTENTION) and also it was a really tiny sample. Like, a third the size of a regular sample. However, I was pleasantly surprised to find that the tiny tube yielded up not one, but five uses. A little bit of this stuff does go a long way so that’s a big check in its favor.

Not so much in its favor? It takes a long time to set. Perhaps it’s the nourishing or the anti-aging, but this primer stay sticky a lot longer than the other primer samples I’ve used and you have to give it time to dry before you can put foundation on. Obviously.

With that in mind, I’m giving Cover FX’s Nourishing Foundation Primer and Anti-Aging Serum (not exactly snappy, is it?) four out of eight tentacles because a little bit goes a long way and once it’s set it does work well. Also, it does feel a lot more nourishing than most primers I’ve used so truth in advertising! Or naming, whatever. Downsides are that it takes a long time to set and it’s a little on the pricey side. As far as face goo that goes under other face goo, though, it’s not too shabby.

Rating: 4/8 tentacles

No comments:

Post a Comment