Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Fortifying Shampoo: Boo-urns!

Author: MelBivDevoe



My poor, poor hair.  If you're looking for a prime example of dry, damaged, just plain abused hair, look no further.  It's been dyed, blow dried, straightened, and curled so many times that, frankly, sometimes I'm amazed it hasn't just fallen out.  So I'm always looking for shampoos that promise to treat my hair the way it should be - with love.  And lots of moisture.

Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Shampoo seemed to offer exactly what I wanted - it contains 3 times the nourishing oil that my hair needs to be as shiny and healthy as it can be.  I've used Garnier products in the past and have been pleased with the results, but this time, I was let down.

Triple Nutrition Shampoo contains olive, avocado, and shea oils, which are supposed to combine to form a 3-level attack of moisture to fight the damage that people like myself inflict on their hair daily.  According to the packaging, the olive oil moisturizes the core, the avocado nourishes the middle layer, and the shea finishes off and smoothes the surface of each strand.  The key words here are "moisturize" and "nourish."  So I don't understand how the shampoo actually left my hair feeling even more dried out - it felt more like straw than hair. 

It did the complete opposite of what it claimed it could do!  I can't even recommend it as a basic shampoo for someone who has healthy hair - because if it stripped my dry hair of moisture, who knows what it would do for someone whose hair is normal??  I can understand if it had made my hair feel greasy, what with 3 times the oil, but dry?  Not what I was expecting - and definitely not what I desired.

 If you really want to seek it out, you can find it where Garnier products are sold, like Walmart.  It's cheap but honestly not worth it.  I give it 1 out of 8 tentacles (it does smell nice).

Rating: 1/8 tentacles

No comments:

Post a Comment