Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Stay With Me Always!: Rimmel Stay Matte Face Powder

MelBivDevoe



via Shopping.com



You guys.  YOU GUYS.  I think I finally found it.  The right powder for my incredibly-difficult-to-shop-for face!  

It's been a long journey to get here.  Let's catch up, shall we?  After my last diatribe about the confusing nature of the beauty aisle, I've spent some time trying to figure out what's best for my face.  I spend a lot of time indoors (I live in the internet, basically), so I wanted something to match my light skin tone.  I have a mostly dry face with oily patches on my forehead and nose (the t-zone area, if you will), so I wanted to stick with a powder as opposed to an oil foundation.  Something matte would work best, I decided - I didn't need anything shimmery or fancy.  I wanted makeup that would even my skin tone, but doesn't make me look like I've got a pound of slap on my face.

I know, I know - I'm sooooo demanding sometimes.  But hey, it's my face and it's my money, so I want something that's perfect for me!

In the past, I've stuck to powders that come in a wide range of shades and come in compact form with mirrors.  No particular reason, I guess - I just got stuck in a rut with one particular brand and never tried any others.  So, armed with all these desires in mind, I decided to try something different - a powder that not only didn't come with a mirror but - gasp! - didn't even come with a sponge or puff!

I know!

Anyway... I decided to give Rimmel's Stay Matte Pressed Powder a try.  I've liked Rimmel's eye products in the past, so I figured their powder might be worth a look.   And I'm pleased to report, it totally was.  It's a lightweight powder that goes on smoothly, covering any flaws or blotches on my face.  It does even out my skin tone and I've found that the Sandstorm shade is damn near perfect for me.  Best of all, it truly is matte - it makes my nose and forehead appear less shiny than they usually are, and lasts for several hours.  

Now, the one caveat, the one drawback that is preventing me from giving this powder a full 8 out of 8 tentacle rating?  It's a pretty thin pan of powder and doesn't take long to hit the bottom.  Which means you have to replace it more often than other compacts.  But that's ok.  I will buy it more often because it works for me, and I've found it for about $4 a pop from Walmart both online and in store.  I have seen it as high as $5.50 in some stores, so it pays to shop around!

I give the Stay Matte Pressed Powder a 7/8 rating. 

Rating: 7/8 tentacles






1 comment:

  1. ermahgerd I love Rimmel facepowders but I had forgotten about them also and I have the same exact issue with skin type and then trying not to look like I'm in costume make up. Tertally going to get me some Rimmel.

    ReplyDelete