Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Rimmel Eye Makeup: A Rim Job You Look Forward To

MelBivDevoe

Have you checked out the makeup tutorials here on Hot Ink?  Rusty's video on eye makeup in particular has me trying out new techniques and experimenting with different colors and tools in order to highlight my hazel eyes.  Lately, I've been using some products from Rimmel's eye makeup line to make my favorite features really pop - their Professional Eyebrow Pencil and the Special Eyes Precision Eye Liner Pencil have become my pencils of choice.





Rimmel's Professional Eyebrow Pencil is a simple tool, yet it really helps to keep my eyebrows looking sharp.  It's a lightweight pencil that fills in the gaps in my brows without being too dark or looking like I basically drew them on with a Sharpie.  It lasts all day without smearing but also comes off easily when I wash my face.  The lid has bristles attached so I can use it as a brow brush to keep the hair in line.  Like I said, it's simple, but it does the trick.






The Special Eyes Precision Eye Liner Pencil is an excellent eye liner.  It's a heavier pencil than the brow pencil, giving me a nice, dark, smooth line. It's available in typical shades like Black as well as some funkier shades like Burgundy.  I've been using their Ivy shade to bring some definition to my hazel eyes.  The pencil doesn't flake like some liners I've used in the past, and once applied, it doesn't smudge easily.  And the color lasts all day.






You can find these pencils wherever Rimmel is sold, like at Ulta and Walgreens.  The eyebrow pencil retails for around $3 and the eyeliner for $4.  I give them 8 out of 8 tentacles - they're great tools for an excellent price. 

Rating: 8/8 Tentacles

No comments:

Post a Comment