Thursday, July 26, 2012

I'm Loving Angels Instead: Lush Angels on Bare Skin

Rusty






While I am dedicated to the Hot Ink goal of trying new products and reporting experiences to all of you lovely people out there, there are products that I find myself returning to again and again. One of those products is Lush’s Angels on Bare Skin facial cleanser. While I’ve used other cleansers that I found work well, none have ever worked as well for me as this one. 


My skin is delicate, sensitive, dry in the winter and prone to oiliness in the so called T-zone. I get black heads on my nose but rarely have actual breakouts, and don’t use a lot of makeup or other products on my face if I can help it. I’ve found a lot of facial cleaners overly harsh or drying, and the ones that are more gentle don’t always clean effectively. Angels on Bare Skin manages to strike the right balance to accomplish everything I’m looking for in a facial cleanser. 

As with most Lush products, there’s some tricks involved in learning how to use Angels. In the container it has sort of a dry pasty consistency with lavender and ground almond bits to help exfoliate skin. The way you use it is to pick off a piece of the thick paste about the size of a pea and add some water to mix it into a looser consistency that can be spread over the face and then rinsed off. When using it, make sure to rub it in all over the skin to make sure that every bit of your skin gets good and scrubbed. 

The reason I love this product is the way my skin feels afterwards; clean and refreshed but not overly dry or tight. In the summer, I don’t even have to use a moisturizer after washing my face with this. It’s just about the perfect balance of cleaning power with the gentleness that keeps my skin from feeling abused. 

Of course, the reason I can’t use this all the time is that it’s a bit expensive for me. All natural ingredients and hand manufacturing cost more than the alternative, after all. The consistency also requires more careful rinsing if you don’t want to be left with bits clinging to your skin or eyebrows after using it. 

The fact remains though that for me, this is the product I use whenever I have the extra money available to buy it, so I rank it 8 out of 8. It is my ideal skincare product and I’d encourage anyone with similar skin to give it a try. 


Rating: 8/8 tentacles


Lush has graced our blog before. Check out Lush Lip Scrub, Lush Cupcake Face Mask, Jumping Juniper Shampoo Bar, and Lush's Mask of Magnamity.

No comments:

Post a Comment