Thursday, May 3, 2012

My Face Craves Chocolate: Lush Cupcake Face Mask

Metric Jenn






Spring has sprung, and we all know what that means: The grass turns green, flowers bloom, and I try a Lush face mask again after a year-long hiatus and being terrified that my skin won't be able to handle it. 

This time around I chose the Lush Cupcake Face Mask for $8.95, trumpeted on their site as being invented with teenage skin in mind. I figured it was apt, as spring time always wrecks havoc with my complexion (face and neck). Sadly, I even found 3 blemishes on my neck last week - and so I decided to get crazy-proactive. No, no...not Proactive from the commercials: I went the natural/hippie route:Lush.

I followed the directions that the store clerk gave me - and she was incredibly knowledgable about ingredients and their properties, so I have to absolutely give kudos to customer service; and as an added bonus, she wasn't pushy or hovering too much (which I HATE). Anyhow, back to the main point: I followed directions so as to avoid the disaster from my last face mask experience. I gently washed my face and patted dry. Then I spread the Cupcake Face Mask evenly over my face and waited for about 10 minutes - again directions suggest that you don't let the mask dry completely so I was conscious of that.
PROOF THAT I OBEY THE LUSH OVERLORDS' DIRECTIONS.
ALL HAIL THE OVERLORDS.
As I sat there, feeling like I should stick my head in the oven, I was surrounded by the scents of chocolate, spearmint, and more delicious chocolate. It was quite relaxing. Ten minutes later I removed the mask and dabbed my face and neck dry. I'm writing this review a day after using the mask, and so far, so EXCELLENT. I still smell of chocolate and mint and my skin feels lovely. 

With an expiration date of April 22nd, I still have a bunch to use up, and I plan on getting my money's worth. This new face mask definitely makes up for that eggy mistake from a while ago! 8/8 Tentacles, ladies. This is a fabulous buy!

Rating: 8/8 tentacles

3 comments:

  1. I love the LUSH face masks! Did they go up in price though? I thought they were only $5.95 each!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for mask success!! I am not a fan of food-fragranced product, though. The lizard part of my brain gets mad at me for just sitting there with it on my face instead of tasting the goods.

    ReplyDelete
  3. C-B - I recall them being cheaper before, too, but I had to drop 8.95 on it! I was a bit surprised. Perhaps that is a Winnipeg thing? Taxes? Who knows :P

    ReplyDelete