Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Olay: Not Your Grandma's Old Bar of Soap Anymore

Metric Jenn





I don't know about the rest of you, dear readers, but I'm just terrible at keeping a facial routine. When I do remember to wash my face, it's usually just after a wank while swimming in a pool of sweat, runny eye makeup and regrets.

Then I started experimenting with actual face-scrubbers. I started with the Wave and found it to be quite good. Then, as I tend to do, I forget about it, and got annoyed that I had to switch the cleansing pads every single time, so I chucked it out. Yep, you heard me right. I threw it away. 20-ish dollars in the trash.

So then I was obviously in the market for a new facial cleanser!

And sweet sassy molassy, did I ever find a good replacement. Olay Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System for $32.99 plus taxes. A heap more expensive than the Neutrogena Wave, but requires less hassle. For example, there is one spinning head brush, which you don't have to replace for AGES. And the package comes with a gentle exfoliant.

So after 2 weeks straight of using this product I give it a full-on rave review. WAY better than the Wave. In fact, I gave the Wave 7/8 tentacles? After using the Olay Pro-X, I would bump it down to 5 tentacles. The Olay Pro-X has soft bristles, but really does an excellent job exfoliating your pores and leaves you feeling CLEAN and non-greasy.

I really cannot rave enough about this product! I ran out of the gentle exfoliant, and now I just use it with Cetaphil. It's perfect. I haven't had to replace a thing, which seems like such a ridiculous complaint, but really who thinks about grabbing a new cleansing pad from the cupboard before every shower? I can barely remember to make sure my socks are off.

Seriously everyone, go buy this spinny miracle. It is ABSOLUTELY worth the higher price.
The Pro-X gets 8/8 tentacles. No messing around. I love it.

Rating: 8/8 tentacles





This is the part where I guide you to other facial cleanser reviews. Sound good? Okay! Try Lush Cupcake Face Mask, Clinique Rinse-Off Makeup Remover, Getaguru Handmade Soap, Kiss My Face Olive Oil Bar Soap, and Oil-Cleansing.

No comments:

Post a Comment