Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Mop Basil Mint Clean Shampoo: Clean Like A Grease Trap!

Pinky McLadybits





I was having A Day. I decided to walk around the mall, Target, and then hit up Ulta. While wandering aimlessly around Ulta and reminding myself that I didn't really need that China Glaze collection based on The Hunger games (I actually really need them), I remembered that I needed shampoo and conditioner.

I was set to buy some Organix when I stumbled across one of the clearance bins. You know I'm a sucker for clearance. I snagged a Mop Basil Mint Clean Shampoo and Mop C-System Hydrating Conditioner. They were only $4 and some change each and they boast organic ingredients and don't test on animals. So I bought them.

I've been using the shampoo and conditioner for more than a week and I have been disgusted with how greasy my hair is after drying it. I shampoo, condition, use nothing else in it and I get greasy, heavy hair that looks and feels like I'm trying to cultivate an image as possibly unaware of the invention of soap. That is not what I expected from a shampoo (and I have concluded through trial that it is the shampoo) that claims to lift pollutants and excess oils from your hair.

I suppose there isn't much more to tell about Mop Basil Mint Clean Shampoo, since it clearly greased instead of de-greased. However, if you have dry hair it may be handy. The label says for normal to oily hair, though. Stupid not working crap. As for the basil scent, it is strong at first but doesn't linger past your lather. If you can really get it to lather at all.

I will be passing this product along to someone else to try. Blech.

Rating: 0/8 tentacles






Want some more shampoo reviews? Try Redken Fresh CurlsHead & Shoulders Smooth and Silky, or Renpure Organics Shampoo.

1 comment:

  1. I hate shampoo that doesn't actually lather or shampoo. I recently tried Burt's Bees volumizing shampoo, and same thing: doesn't actually clean the hair and leave a residue. I don't get it.

    ReplyDelete