Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Head & Shoulders Smooth & Silky Shampoo: No Flakes Allowed

MelBivDevoe





Image from headandshoulders.com
Ok, confession time.  We all have embarrassing issues that we'd rather not broadcast to the world.  Halitosis, acne, body odor - things we have to deal with but would rather not talk about.  Myself, I fight with dandruff, especially during the winter months.

It's embarrassing, but I've found a product that keeps this problem in check, so I'm breaking my silence to share my findings with you, dear reader.  I'm such a peach that way sometimes. 

Head & Shoulders has been fighting flakes for decades, but they've also expanded their line to include shampoos that help fight frizz, oil, dry scalp, and much more.  I've discovered that their Smooth & Silky shampoo is perfect for someone like me with thick, wavy hair. 


When I first noticed I had a problem, I wasn't thrilled at the idea of having to get a special shampoo.  I remember as a kid that one of my parents had a bottle of dandruff shampoo. I don't remember the name, but it was this thick, green goop that had a horrible medicinal stench. It probably did help to get rid of flakes, but I didn't want to have to walk around smelling like a pharmacy. The idea was to find something that would discreetly help cure my problem. And I didn't want to have to sacrifice anything either - I didn't want to lose any shine or end up with frizzy or greasy hair from any thick or oily formulas. Who wants to fix one problem by creating another one?

Luckily, Head & Shoulders has been working to prevent that. They've taken their flake-fighting formula and added it to shampoos designed for different types of hair. I've been using the Smooth & Silky shampoo and it's been keeping me dandruff-free for months. But in addition to that, my hair is also looking shiny and healthy. The shampoo boasts that it helps restore moisture to hair, and I've definitely seen improvement - y'all know that I'm not very nice to my hair, with all the dyeing and straightening, but after using this stuff my hair is looking pretty good these days. And? The shampoo has a faint but pleasant scent that is worlds away from the medicinal stink I feared. If you didn't read this article (or snoop through my shower,) you'd never know I'd had a problem with flakes at all. 

But what if you don't need frizz control or extra moisture? Maybe your hair could use some volume, or maybe your scalp is super sensitive and needs some extra-lovin' tender care. Well, there are 11 other shampoos that are all tailor-made for different types of hair and different issues. 

Dandruff is embarrassing, but it's something you can fight. I've taken control of my problem and I highly recommend Head & Shoulders to anyone else who could use a little help fighting flakes.You can find their line in most pharmacy or drug stores, like Walmart.  It retails for around $5 for a 14 oz. bottle. I give it 8 out of 8 tentacles.

Rating: 8/8 tentacles

No comments:

Post a Comment