Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Boots Extracts Almond Body Butter

Pinky McLadybits





Summer is basically here. Well, it was here in Ohio for about one unbearable week, but then it decided to be sunny and 64 degrees without high humidity. So that was better. Still, the weather is so unpredictable here that I shave my legs when showering. Because I am fancier that a bar-fighting slag.

I finally learned to moisturize my legs after showering, every time. I've used many, many lotions to keep my legs smooth, soft, and hydrated but I always had problems with them. Left my legs covered in a weird shimmer. Took half a bottle to do anything. Didn't actually moisturize. Smelled like hobo ass. It was always something. 

You may remember that I finally splurged (okay, it was on final sale or whatever) on some The Body Shop Candied Ginger Body Butter and, before that, Arbonne Ginger Citrus Body Butter. I had to know what everyone was talking about. They both fared well, but my cheapness and great desire to never be in super debt again made their prices frightening to me, like I might be an Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer that knows nothing about your fancy world of body butters.

I digress. Although The Body Shop is having a Body Butter sale and Ulta is having a sale on The Body Shop, I decided to see if the body butters at Target were worth the swap. I already knew the price was lower, with Boots Extracts Almond Body Butter being $9.99 for 6.7 ounces compared to $18 for 6.75 ounces from The Body Shop. You can only get the Arbonne at Christmastime. So.

The Boots Extracts Almond Body Butter boasts organic almond oil and sustainably sourced and community traded shea butter. That sounds good. It also smells amazing. I want to sit with my leg by my head like a cat and just inhale the sweet scent of almond all day long. Driving would be tough, but I'm willing to give it a shot.

I didn't need a ton of the body butter to smooth over my legs, though I was tempted to slather on more just for the scent. I used less of the Boots than I do of the The Body Shop Candied Ginger, of that I am sure. It also took less time to be absorbed, whereas the Candied Ginger would sometimes hinder the progress of whatever pants, shorts, or pajama bottoms I was trying to pull on. First World Problems, I know. BUT STILL!

I am quite happy with my cheapness in this instance, though I realize that most of the time I should just go ahead and pay for quality. I'm learning! If you don't have The Body Shop nearby or don't want to pay their prices or for shipping, go to Target and snag some Boots body butter. You will like it!

Rating: 7/8 tentacles




For more lotiony goodness, check out Shea Moisture Organic Raw Shea Butter Lotion and Palmer's Cocoa Butter Cream. And the stuff I linked in the review.

No comments:

Post a Comment