Friday, January 20, 2012

The Body Shop Candied Ginger Body Butter: Smooth As Silk, Strong As Steel

Pinky McLadybits



I can't remember the last time I bought something from The Body Shop. At least, I think I've purchased stuff from them in the past...

Anyway, I had some Christmas money languishing in my wallet and decided to try out one of their giant body butters that I had heard so much about. It helped that Christmas scents were 50% off, making the regularly priced $18 body butter only $9. This fit in well with my cheapness and allowed me to buy 2 blu-rays and several Rifftrax with the rest of my money.

SCORE!

The container of body butter is indeed very large and arrived in a box filled with crinkled paper slips. I chose the Candied Ginger Body Butter because of my love of the Arbonne Citrus Ginger body butter. However, the two scents are far removed from one another. The Arbonne Ginger is a lot less sweet, which makes sense when compared to a candied ginger product. Also, the Arbonne Ginger was such that I had to really get close to whatever I had the body butter on to smell it. The Body Shop Candied Ginger can be smelled without getting close. It is strong.

The body butter container is definitely filled and it does not take very much to get the job done. A couple small scoops with my fingers and I can moisturize both legs. I don't have to do a lot of rubbing either and the lotion absorbs fairly quickly. It also leaves my skin feeling really smooth and moisturized. I'm fairly certain that's part of why I've grown used to the scent so easily.However, my husband hasn't. He still doesn't like it. No matter! The dog really likes the scent, as he tried to lick the body butter off my leg. I retreated into a Snuggie and thwarted his little doggie brain. MUAHAHAHAH!

I'm glad that I gave The Body Shop body butter a try, though I will choose a different scent next time. I'll also wait for another sale, as I am cheap and $18 for large container isn't bad but I like $9 better. Also? It is on sale for $5 now! DAMMIT! Go reap the benefits of waiting!

Rating: 6/8 tentacles

1 comment:

  1. I love this stuff, specially for the dry winter months. I'm using the Coconut scent, the Ginger seemed a little too strong for me. But I loooove it. And I know it'll just last forever. Yay for buying discounted Christmas gift sets!

    ReplyDelete