Friday, April 13, 2012

Velvet Goldmine: Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet+

Metric Jenn






As you all know, I am a Sephora addict, or aficionado to make it sound less seedy. I swear it's like I start off every single review with "So, I was browsing around Sephora when...blah blah blabbity blahhhh." Well, enough of that, I must get on with the real review. 

So, I was browsing around Sephora when (ah crap, I did it again) I was persuaded to buy the Make Up For Ever Primer as well as the Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation. For the price of 34$, it seemed reasonable at the time. Now that I found out that I owe a butt-ton of money in taxes, I feel that it may now be viewed as quite the extravagance.

After applying the primer, I used my Mac foundation brush  to apply a thin layer of foundation to my face; I managed to get it on evenly and made sure the edges were well-blended (I not-so-secretly laugh when I see the blatant foundation mask line on people). I stepped back from the mirror to admire my artistry, and inspected everything before applying the rest of my make up. Nodding with smug self-satisfaction, I proceeded with the rest of my misogynistic ritual.

After a demanding evening of drinking my face off, I ended up back home. I absolutely crashed into bed without washing my face, because seriously folks. With the amount of wine ingested, that's just a ridiculous dream. The next morning I was pleasantly surprised to find the foundation to be mostly in place; to give a more accurate idea, I'd say 75% of that foundation was still doing its job.

The foundation went on well, stayed in its place, and lasted for quite a long time even while sleeping on it. This product performed admirably. If anything, the only reason this foundation loses a tentacle is due to tackiness. It's a bit of a stickier substance than I'm used to for foundation, but works well. Verdict? 7/8 tentacles! Good job Make Up For Ever - you make an excellent product.

Rating: 7/8 tentacles




Do you have the fever and the only cure is more foundation reviews? Okay then. Clinique Redness Solutions Foundation. Cover FX Nourishing Foundation. Clinique Super Balanced Powder.

No comments:

Post a Comment