Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Sometimes a Splurge is Worthy: YSL Volupté Sheer Candy Glossy Balm

Cindy






Once in a while, it's nice to splurge--amiright? While I tend more toward shoes than make-up, I was recently preparing to attend an overseas wedding (followed by a child-free vacation) and I decided to try something new. I picked the two items I thought I'd use the most and set off to my nearest (online) Sephora. 

The first thing I was looking for was a nice lipstick, but when I started searching by the best rated items, I came upon Yves Saint Laurent's Volupté Sheer Candy. Yes, that is a mouthful and yes, it does sound a little pretentious. But the reviews were grand and, though I've only picked up a few YSL items in my life, they were always well done. 

YSL puts the pretty into packaging and this sheer color is no exception. Even though I'd been looking for a lipstick, I find that I have so much trouble with picking the right color. I thought a sheer color might be just the thing. And guess what? It was. Based on reviews, I chose the Pomegranate, described as a sheer bright pink with red undertones.

This is perfect for any daytime look. It has more color than most balms, it's not the ittiest bit sticky (which drives me insane), and it feels wonderful on my lips. Now who knows if I would ever buy it again, because it seems like it will last a long time and I plan on stretching it out forever since it's so pricey. It's simply gorgeous and it has a very light melon flavor that makes me want to wear it all the time. It's perfect for me, not as heavy or dark as lipstick, not goopy like gloss and I love the color. 

If you want one luxurious, super-nice, light lipstick with sheer color that pops, and is in a beautiful case, this should be your buy. It's already sold out IN EVERY COLOR on the YSL site (which offers free shipping), but you can find it on Sephora and other sites. I give it seven out of eight tentacles, only because of the price.
Rating: 7/8 tentacles





No comments:

Post a Comment