Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Super-Colour Sexy Mother Pucker Lip Plumping Gloss

Vee




I recently received a free full-size sample of this lip enhancing gloss with an order from Sephora. The product claims " A single slick of Sexy Mother Pucker™ can fool your lips into looking and feeling fuller. It features SUPERFILL™ microspheres that explode in volume up to 10X when they absorb moisture, and circulation-enhancing LIPSWELL™ natural plant oil infusion to increase blood flow and make lips look almost instantly lusher."


They lied. I swiped my lips with the lipgloss and waited to see the results. The product warns that "Sexy Mother Pucker™ activates on contact. It's likely that you'll notice a bit of a buzz (and likely, create one)."

For me, it started tingling a few minutes after I put it on. It didn't burn, it felt more like the molecules in your lips are doing the mambo. I checked my mirror, expecting my already full lips to look like Angelina Jolie's. While I could certainly feel something happening on my mouth, visually they looked the same as ever. I used this on my 60 year old mom to see if maybe it would plump her lips a bit, but neither of us noticed a difference.

The pros of this gloss are that it's not too sticky but does give your mouth some nice shine. I used the "Candy Gloss" shade which looks really frosty in the tube, but is a really nice clearish pink with light shimmer. It's great
for layering over lip liner or lipstick. The applicator is a doe foot wand, which I prefer to squeeze tubes because it allows you to blend your lip liner out easier. The gloss has a nice mild vanilla scent, but it's not so tasty that you end up licking it off your lips.

At $15, it's not worth the price. I'll definitely use the rest of it, but I won't repurchase. If it's lip enhancing that you want, save your money. It's a good gloss, but a little pricey for what it does.




Rating: 4/8 tentacles

No comments:

Post a Comment