Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Jumping for Joy: Lush's Jumping Juniper Shampoo Bar

Rusty







Back in August in advance of a camping trip with my family I bought two solid shampoo bars from Lush. The first one was the Godiva solid shampoo bar, which I’ve already reviewed. The second was the Jumping Juniper bar which I’m using currently.

I’m only about halfway through it. So we’re looking at going on six months now that I’ve been using solid shampoos exclusively and I’m still not all the way through the second one. At the very least these things have serious staying power.


This bar is designed to help cut back on oil in hair, and that’s always been an issue for me because my hair is so fine and flat. Typically I have about 20-24 hours between showering before the hair on my scalp and especially my bangs start to look like I styled them with butter. I was looking for a shampoo that would not only help me go longer between hair washings in the winter, but also that would cut through the oil quickly and easily when I did wash my hair. This bar was great on both fronts.

Of all the shampoos I’ve used, this probably has the thickest lather from the least amount of actual shampoo; a few swipes through my hair and I end up with a head full of super thick lather even if my hair is particularly dirty or full of product. Despite the thick lather, I haven’t had any problems with the shampoo rinsing; it’s not thick or sticky, just very foamy. My hair feels almost squeaky clean afterwards, and very light and free of excess oil.

While I haven’t experienced any downsides, this shampoo may be harsh for those with naturally dry hair or scalps. And, like any solid shampoo, there’s a learning curve involved with getting used to using it. Storage is also something to be taken into consideration, I have a shampoo tin that fits Lush’s solid shampoos but if you don’t they have basically the same storage issues as a bar of soap in terms of sticking to things or sliding around if not contained.

Jumping Juniper gets an 8 out of 8 for me; if you have problems with oily hair this is definitely the shampoo you want to try and it lasts forever.

Rating: 8/8 tentacles

No comments:

Post a Comment