Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Herbal Essences: Honey I'm Strong - Honey, You Ain't Lyin'

Metric Jenn



I haven't had much luck with shampoos and conditioners, you guys. I try and I try...but my hair is very crabby. It could be due to the fact that I haven't gotten a haircut in ages; but with my tight budget, some things take priority. 

*ahem*doggyhaircutsinstead*ahem*

Anyhow, as I was waiting in Safeway for my prescription to be filled, I wandered amongst the hair care aisle. The Honey, I'm Strong by Herbal Essences catches my eye, simply because I'd never seen it before as a part of their product line.

Which, of course, means that I must try it.

The shampoo and conditioner were on sale for 3$ each, so the price is definitely right for my new frugal budget. The smell was rather soothing and warm. It lathered up nicely, and the conditioner was thick and creamy (heh heh heh).

After a week of using this shampoo and conditioner, my hair does feel stronger/thicker. I don't know if that means healthier, though...perhaps it just means it can withstand heat damage from the hair dryer and/or straightener. My hair does feel softer, and has more shine to it, so those are two definite improvements over the crap Aveeno shampoo and conditioner I was using (just you wait for THAT review to come out *angryface*).

Overall, I am rather impressed by Herbal Essences' Honey, I'm Strong line. So I'm going to generously bestow a good rating for this product. It loses 2 tentacles because it is harder to find - I've only come across it in ONE store out of the many I frequent, that's a hassle and half.

Rating: 6/8 Tentacles!

No comments:

Post a Comment