Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Pure Joy: L'Oreal EverPure Moisture Conditioner

MelBivDevoe







Now that I'm back in the habit of coloring my hair regularly, it's important to me to find products that not only prevent the color from washing out quickly but also restore moisture to my hair.  I love coloring my hair, just like I love straightening it when I want, and in order to continue doing these things I need to make sure my hair is healthy and not a dry, brittle mess. 

So it's no surprise that when I saw L'Oreal's EverPure Moisture Conditioner, I grabbed a bottle.  The packaging proclaims the conditioner is part of the company's sulfate-free color care system.  I knew that sulfates can strip your hair of its natural oils, but apparently they can also strip your hair color, so EverPure seemed like a great choice. 

First thing I noticed about EverPure, it has a wonderful light rosemary and mint scent.  It's just strong enough that you can smell it when your hair is dry but it fades and isn't cloying or overbearing.  The creme rinses easily and leaves your hair slick without feeling greasy - it's great for detangling while you dry, which, as someone with enough hair for about three people, is not always an easy task.  And the smoothness lasts after you've dried and styled your hair.  My hair feels silky, for the most part - my ends are still pretty dry, so I guess it's not a miracle product.  I'm due for a cut, so I'm not surprised that they're too dry to be cured by the conditioner.  But overall, my hair looks shiny and healthy, and knowing all the tortures that I subject it to, that's no small feat. 

I've only been using EverPure for a few weeks, so I don't know how well it prevents your hair color from fading overall, but in the short amount of time I've used it I haven't noticed any changes.  That's a good sign, and I'm hoping that using this conditioner will make my dye job last a little longer than if I weren't using any sort of color-preserving product.  

I'm giving L'Oreal's EverPure conditioner a 7 out of 8 tentacles - if it had fixed my dry ends I'd give it a perfect score.  It retails for around $6 in most stores like Target or online from Amazon. 

Rating: 7/8 tentacles





Joico Smooth Cure Fight Frizz,Organix Smoothing Shea Butter Shampoo and Conditioner, Head & Shoulders Smooth and Silky, and  Godiva Solid Shampoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment