Tuesday, June 12, 2012

I'm about to Get Up on My Soapbox: Made from Earth's Blood Orange Soap:

Tamatha





For fall, winter, and spring, I am all about the shower gel.  But summer?  That's another matter all together.  In the summer, I want something that is going to leave my skin feeling nothing but clean.  I want something that's going to cut right through the sweat and sunscreen.  I want to leave the shower feeling like I'm the cleanest thing on the whole effin' planet.  In the summer, I break out the bars of soap.

A couple of weeks ago, Pinky sent out a message to the Hot Ink ladies, asking if any of us wanted to review some Made from Earth products.  I took one look at their web site and couldn't raise my hand fast enough.  You know me and the natural products.  A couple of days later, I got a bar of their Blood Orange Soap in the mail.  Yep, my first free item to review for Hot Ink!  (Consider this your disclaimer.)  And if you think I might hold back, just 'cause I received something for free, you clearly haven't read this review--when I don't like something, you're going to know it.

The first thing I did when I got the soap was to see how it smelled.  It's exactly as described--orangey and a bit spicy.  Honestly, it reminds me of some type of liqueur/digestif that I can't quite place--though it's pretty close to Fee Brothers' West Indian Orange Bitters, maybe with a touch of Chartreuse?  In any case, it's smells nice and refreshing, citrusy and spicy.  And not in the least bit overpowering.

The next morning into the shower it went.  As I would expect, the soap lathers nicely.  Unlike some natural soaps, which seem to dissolve quickly, this one holds up.  There is no way this soap isn't going to last me all summer.  When I rinsed off, my skin felt exactly the way I wanted it to: totally clean.  Ahhhhh.  I've used it for over a week now, including after working out and after a day of gardening, and it took care of the sweat and the sunscreen, leaving my skin feeling delightful.

And after my shower?  Well, my skin felt gloriously soft!  Seriously, I kept noticing how soft and lovely it felt.  I'm guessing that the coconut oil in the soap is what is leaving my skin so soft feeling, even while it does an excellent job of getting rid of the stuff I don't want on my skin.  It's pretty damn awesome.

So, if you are looking for a soap that will get you perfectly clean and leave your skin feeling lovely, you should get your hands on Made from Earth's Blood Orange Soap.

8 out of 8 tentacles, because it was exactly what I was looking for in a bar of soap.

Rating: 8/8 tentacles




More soaps! Getaguru Handmade Soap, Kiss My Face Olive Oil Soap, Lush Jumping Juniper Solid Shampoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment