Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Bonine: A Miracle Product for Motion Sickness

MelBivDevoe







Travel season is upon us, folks. Time to break out the suitcases, hop into the car, and head out on the open road. A lot of my favorite memories involve family trips to theme parks - we're a family of roller coaster enthusiasts and we traveled the East Coast in search of wild new thrills.

Unfortunately, a lot of those memories are marred by my tendency to get car sick.  Or boat sick.  Or, worst of all, sick on the very coasters I so loved.  Yup, motion sickness has plagued me since I was a kid.  I've tried a lot of remedies over the years, and none of them have worked as well as Bonine.  This stuff works miracles.

If you've experienced motion sickness before, you know what an absolute drag it can be when you're traveling on vacation.  You feel nauseous, unable to do anything but close your eyes and try to sleep.  If that doesn't work, you might find yourself reaching for the nearest bag or screaming for your dad to stop the car so you can jump out and lose your breakfast on the side of the road (happened to me many times, unfortunately).  I tried everything as a kid to overcome the sickness.  I sat up front, kept my eyes on the road, didn't try to read or eat (unless it was ginger snaps and ginger ale) or do anything really. 

Of course, that didn't work.  So next I tried a motion sickness pill called Dramamine.  That seemed to keep the nausea at bay, but unfortunately, the active ingredient made me super sleepy.  Didn't matter if I took the drowsy or non-drowsy formula, within an hour of taking it I'd be so tired I'd get cranky.  Just ask my poor family or my husband - many trips were marred by my cranky, whiny complaints and an overwhelming desire to take a nap.  Yet I continued to use the stuff, because it allowed me to ride in a car or on a coaster without getting sick.

And then, one day, I overheard a coworker talking about a product she'd taken on a cruise to combat motion sickness, something called Bonine.  I had a trip coming up, so I decided to try it for myself.  And it was amazing!  It comes in a little pink pill that tastes vaguely of raspberry.  You just chew 1 to 2 pills an hour before you head out, and there'll be no motion sickness AT ALL.  Even after using it for a few years, I'm still impressed with how well it works!  And it lasts all day - I'm able to take just 1 pill a day without getting nauseous at all.  I can sit in the back of a car, I can read a book while I'm on a plane, I can ride the Phoenix at Knoebels 10 times in a row if I want (and who wouldn't?)!

According to the website, it's best not to be too full when you're on Bonine, because that might upset your stomach, but I've actually found it works best for me if I have something in my stomach.  But you might find the reverse to be true.  In any case, I highly recommend Bonine if you suffer from motion sickness.  Life's too short to sleep through your travels, you know?

You can find Bonine at many pharmacies and drug stores like Walmart or online from Drugstore.com.  It's sold in 8 or 16 tablets.  I give it an 8 out of 8 tentacles - I can't stress how much of a lifesaver it's been for me!

Rating: 8/8 tentacles




You want more miracles? Roux Clean Touch Haircolor Remover,The Body Shop Shower Gels, Fatigue Fighting Face Cream, Godiva Solid Shampoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment