Wednesday, November 2, 2011

(Sorta) Sublime Mousse by Healthy Look


 Mel Biv Devoe


After years of ruined shirts, towels and goodness knows what else, I am loving the foam hair color, guys.  At this point, as long as I can find shades that I like, I don't see any reason to go back to the old drippy formulas.

It's been a few months since my last coloring, so this week I decided to give L'Oreal's Sublime Mousse by Healthy Look a try. It seemed like a cheaper prospect than replacing a bunch of towels and shirts again, so it had that going for it.



At the time of this post, Sublime Mousse is only available in 12 shades that range from Pure Black to Pure Light Blonde.  The line doesn't have much in the way of red, which is my go-to color, but I chose Spicy Auburn Brown (see image).  Application was super easy - just mix and pump and begin applying to hair.  Like with the other foam I've tried, the dye didn't drip, and it only took one box to coat my entire head of long, very thick hair.

The color came out darker than I expected, but since I was applying to a previously dyed head, that shouldn't have been surprising.  What was disappointing, though, is that the color isn't as multifaceted as some dyes - there's no subtle light or dark shades in the hair color, it's all just a deep, dark red.  And my hair isn't as shiny or silky as it was after I used the John Freida Precision Foam.  It feels a little dry to the touch, despite using the conditioner that's included with the dye.

All in all, it's not a bad hair color.  It's a bit cheaper than the John Frieda foam, selling for around $9 a box at most stores like Target.  Plus, L'Oreal is currently offering a coupon for $2 off (website requires registration to print coupons).  But if you're expecting knock-em-dead shine and color, I'd suggest looking elsewhere.  I give Sublime Mousse 5 out of 8 tentacles. 

Rating: 5/8 tentacles.

No comments:

Post a Comment