Monday, December 17, 2012

Put a Little Love in Your Heart

MelBivDevoe

It's been a bad couple of days, hasn't it?  Our hearts go out to the community of Newtown, CT.  

Every news website I opened today had nothing but news about the shooting and stories about gun control and arguments over mental health issues.  And I looked for uplifting stories - something, anything to show how there's still GOOD in the world, now, when we need it so much.  

I found nothing there but speculations and arguments and I just didn't want to contribute to the negativity.   So, I apologize, but today will be all fluffy, light links.  Because my heart just can't take the darkness right now.  I hope you'll enjoy what I offer instead.

Check out these gorgeous holiday decorations from around the world.  (Buzzfeed)

Here are the 50 funniest tweets of 2012.  (Happy Place)

All my bookworm friends will love this Christmas tree.  (Geeks Are Sexy)

Uproxx has a 20 questions interview with comedian Eugene Mirman.  (Uproxx)

Vodka saves lives!  (Neatorama)

The Top Corgis of 2012 - yes, the Queen's pups are on here!  (Buzzfeed)

Vulture has a round-up of the best moments in late-night tv from this year.  (Vulture)

Nothing's better than an otter... except a whole pile of otters.  (Cute Overload)

The worst taglines for upcoming movies, thanks to the mad geniuses of Cracked's Photoplasty contest.  (Cracked)

One of my favorite musical moments, from a great holiday movie - "Put a Little Love in Your Heart" from Scrooged. 




No comments:

Post a Comment