Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Hot Links: The Simpsons Are The Nostradamus Of Our Time

Kolby and Pinky


In case you're out there looking for a new job, here's a quick study on How To Be a Dictator.  (The Economist)

If your evening's free tonight (or tomorrow night), take a few moments to stand outside and observe the Quandrantids meteor shower.  I don't know if there's anything on TV tonight, but if there is, I doubt it will be better than this.  (spacedex)

This was posted yesterday, but it would do all of us well to read it and take it to heart.  So many of us suffer from depression, and suffer in silence, and it's both refreshing and reassuring to know that we are not alone.  (The Bloggess)

Many of you are returning to work today after the long holiday vacation. One redditor decided to help a co-worker get off to a honking good start. (Reddit)

We all need something pretty to look at today, if the idiocy and jerkiness displayed by the parents dropping their kids off at my daughter's school earlier are any indication. Here are some hand paintings that will blow your face into tiny pieces. (Social Hype)

Someone was just asking what the appeal of Angry Birds was. I mean, the game is fun. The birds are cute and the pigs piss me off. I think that the answer is: umami. NO! It's gingerbread levels and marzipan birds.


Oh, Simpsons. Though I rarely watch new episodes I still love you. Is there anything you won't creepily predict over your long television run? Apparently there isn't. (Ranker)

A lot of people I know enjoy trivia nights out and playing QRANK for bragging rights. They would probably love this Twitter-based NerdTrivia. (The Mary Sue)

I spent my New Year's Eve in a G+ Hangout with mah gurls. IT WAS FUN, SHADDAP. Anyway, I was dumbfounded by all of Lady Gaga's outfits during her appearance on New Year's Rockin' Eve or whatever the hell I was watching. Luckily, all of her outfits are here for your slack-jawed gratification. (The Gloss)

There is nothing like a steaming hot and scathing review from my fellow black-hearted assholes at Pajiba. They've been evil enough to list The 10 Most Scathing Reviews of 2011. Aw. (Pajiba)

So, Katy Perry and Russell Brand are getting a divorce. I think I've mentioned I have soft spots for both of them and I am upset that no one in Hollywood can make a damn marriage work. But hearing that Katy may have had Russell file so she doesn't disappoint her parents? Sad! (Mommyish)

I hate interviews. I always feel like I'm talking too much, not enough, or thinking for too long about questions. These interview questions would leave me speechless for a good ten minutes. I mean, rate my weirdness on a scale of 1 to 10? SWEET LORD. (The Grindstone)

Finally, we have this video. It's an adorable ad for Norwegian energy company Statoil.

No comments:

Post a Comment