Thursday, January 5, 2012

Earth Science Papaya Glycolic Gentle Skin Peel

I'm with you Angry BBQ
Park



Ugh, winter!  This is the magical time of year when my skin if constantly bright red and dry from the wind (instead of the summer when its bright red and dry from the sun).  


Well no more.  Nope, I’ve decided that I’m going to be one of  those cute girls with lovely soft skin, and I’m going to try to do it without  having 3 zillion chemicals on my skin.




The Papaya Glycolic Skin Peel seemed like a great product to try.  Unlike a lot of the other products I saw at the store, most of the ingredients were ones I recognized like Witch Hazel and Peppermint Oil.   Warning: it smells weird, quite possibly because of all the natural ingredients.  You won’t be gagging, but its definitely not a scent I’d dab behind my ears before a night out on the town.  The smell does dissipate shortly, but p.u!

I love the texture of this cream.  It has thick bits of herb in it and it feels great to rub it on your skin.  I felt very relaxed as I waited for the mask to dry.  My skin felt soothed as compared to the reaction my skin has had to other masks I’ve applied after getting a windburn. 

My biggest complaint, or perhaps confusion, was that despite instructions saying that the mask should be wiped off with a warm wash cloth.  However, I found that the cloth didn’t cut it and I had to peel most of the mask off of my skin and then follow it up with a warm shower to get the dregs.

Despite that minor inconvenience (and the smell) I love this product.  My skin feels softer and tighter and my windburn is completely gone.

I give Papaya Glycolic a 6 out of 8 tentacles.  It’s a very good product, but the smell (especially if you have a roommate with a sensitive nose) is yucky.   However, for skin that feels this nice, I’m willing to risk a bit of stinkiness (sorry Janet)  


Rating: 6/8 tentacles

No comments:

Post a Comment