Monday, December 26, 2011

Starbucks Via Breakfast Blend: When You Are Too Lazy To Work A Coffeepot

Pinky McLadybits


When I wake up in the morning I want coffee and I want it before I had to wake up. Since my coffeemaker is cheap and I am half-stupid when I make the coffee, I usually end up with slightly burnt or too strong of a brew. Then I have to use half a container of flavored creamer, compared to my usual third of a container of creamer, just to make it palatable. It's stupid and I miss my one cup coffeemaker with the pods. SIGH.

Then Starbucks introduced their line of instant coffees called VIA. I don't usually get coffee from Starbucks since it tastes like burnt hair, but my lazy overwhelmed my tastebuds and I decided to give VIA a shot. I chose the Breakfast Blend because it is described as mild.

Each container of Starbucks VIA Breakfast Blend has 8 single-serve packets of the instant granules for around $6-$8, depending on where you go and what sales they have. You're going to average a dollar for an 8 ounce cup of coffee. So, not exactly cheap or better than buying a huge can of coffee and making it in your coffeemaker, but good to have on hand.

You just need to heat 8 ounces of water to near boiling, pour one packet of VIA into your mug and then add the hot water. It foams up a little bit and I always stir to ensure I don't drink a chunk of congealed coffee. That would be nasty. Then you add whatever you do or don't require in your coffee and you are off. In my case it means that I'm off to the couch to edit the site and help my kid get ready for school in-between sentences. 

The flavor of the VIA Breakfast Blend really is lovely and mild. It's exactly how I like my coffee to be before I drown it in caramel and white chocolate flavors. I usually only drink one cup of coffee, so the 8 ounce size is perfect for me. If you like Starbucks coffee but feel like a colossal ass ordering anything, then you might want to check out VIA. They have other flavors, including Iced Coffee, Vanilla, Caramel, French Roast, and Colombian. The price is a little steep, but TREAT YO SELF! Sometimes making coffee is just too much effort, with the measuring and scooping. Let VIA help you!

Rating: 6/8 tentacles

No comments:

Post a Comment