Friday, September 14, 2012

What's the Sketchiest Phrase You'll Ever Hear?

MelBivDevoe

Via XKCD


"Sex tarp."  Not a phrase you want to hear from anyone.  Ever. 

Our first link today comes from the fabulous KatSings.  I want to simultaneously applaud the author of this piece as well as hug her.  It's hard out here for the unemployed, and vicious stereotypes don't make it any easier.  (Addicting Info)


I don't see anything wrong with women who breastfeed in public, but this professor who did so during the middle of teaching a class has crossed into a whole new area of controversy.  Should she have waited until she'd finished her lecture?  (The Week

Are we FINALLY going to get to the bottom of the greatest mystery of our time something that's bothered "Titanic" viewers for YEARS?  I trust that the Mythbusters will be able to solve this quandary once and for all!  (BoingBoing)

Well, this is certainly one way to bridge the incredible divide between public and private schools.  (Gawker)

Whoa.  I bet this personal trainer has a sex tarp.  Disgusting.  (Blisstree)

Some of the most famous characters in literature come to life in these fantastic book sculptures from artist Susan Hoerth.  If you like these, definitely check out her Etsy shop!  (My Modern Met)

If a cop pulls you over for speeding and asks for your ID, you give it to him.  Even if you're a sassy 77 year old lady with a bladder infection.  No excuses.  (The Stir)

I'm not the biggest Bob Dylan fan, so these snippets of reviewers attempting to describe his iconic voice delight me to no end.  A "gargle of a vocal," indeed.  (Vulture)

This "Assassin's Creed" jacket is phenomenal - anyone who wore it would automatically look badass.  I'm so adding this to my wish list.  (Fashionably Geek)

Are you ready for some football??  Probably not as much as these cats & dogs are.  (Buzzfeed)

Every time I start to complain about my life, someone please make me watch this video of a man with no arms practicing throwing out the first pitch at a White Sox game. 











No comments:

Post a Comment