Friday, July 27, 2012

Sample Roulette: Korres Quercetin Oak Anti-Aging Night Cream

Rusty




I order from Sephora kind of a lot. Because of this I have a giant box of samples just hanging out, waiting to be used. This… is… SAMPLE ROULETTE. Due to the brief nature of the use, I will assign ratings as 0 (stay away) 4 (I liked it, but didn’t love it) or 8 (love it and will probably be dropping my own money on it in short order). Enjoy!

Anti-Aging products must be huge money makers for the companies that make them, because at least half the samples I’ve ever gotten have been anti-aging products. Aside from the problem that I’m testing these at the great age of 25 is the larger question of whether there’s enough of any of these products in a sample pack that you can use them long enough to see any genuine results. But, I’m here to evaluate my experience with the sample, not muse about what it all means so onward!


Korres Quercetin Oak Anti-Aging Anti-Wrinkle Night Cream is an all natural night cream with a light fruity scent and a smooth creamy texture. It spread on easily, and I was able to use a fairly small amount to cover my whole face. Once on, the cream was slightly tacky to the touch but not overly sticky or uncomfortable. 

As for the effects, it did make my skin smoother and if I squinted I could see the expression lines in my forehead (I apparently scrunch my forehead up when sleeping) were possibly slightly less noticeable. Possibly. I don’t make a point of examining them when I’m not testing products so I don’t have a great baseline for comparison. 

What this might be good for is women who have had problems with products that have Retinol-A, since Korres claims that the oak extract gives users the same benefit of Retinol-A without some of the harsher effects. 

At $52, this is firmly in the price range for higher end beauty creams and because a little bit goes a long way I won’t say that it’s a bad buy. I’ll rate it 4 out of 8, since it did seem to have a positive effect on my skin though I can’t say for sure that it would be effective on someone with deeper lines. 


Rating: 4/8 tentacles






You might also be interested in: Terressentials Organic Flower Detoxifying Facial Cleanser, Stila Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer, Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion, and Made From Earth Vitamin C.

No comments:

Post a Comment