Thursday, July 12, 2012

Emoji Micro-Pedi: I Swear You'll Love It

Cindy





So, I'm not really one of those mani/pedi girls. It's hard to explain, but I always feel weird having people "service" me. I've had several manicures now and I imagine my face has a forced, uncomfortable smile stuck on it the entire time. IT'S WEIRD LETTING STRANGERS TOUCH YOU.

As for pedicures, I have only had one and it about killed me. But that doesn't mean I don't want my feet to look nice; I'm not a HOBBIT, you know! I have always done my best to use pumice stones, scrubs, files and all that stuff they try to tell you will keep your feet nice and smooth. Most of them don't work very well. And whatever that thing is that people buy from the television, that scary thing that slices off your skin--don't even get me started. Who does that? If it's you, please stop. I've found the perfect thing to maintain your tootsies. Now, it also might sound a teensy bit scary, but listen to me carefully: this thing is gold and if you use it gently and carefully, everything will be just fine.

I don't remember how I came across the Emjoi Micro-Pedi; probably someone else's review?  I read around and just about everyone seemed to like it, so I ordered one up. Here's the part that might put you off--it's basically a low-tech sander.  But, so is an emery board, right?  And I'm assuming most of you do okay with those; you'll be fine with this.  Just don't use it on your FACE.  


The Micro-Pedi is a little battery operated appliance that has two roller attachments from which to choose, one coarse and one extra-coarse.  I suggest starting with the coarse, unless your feet are indeed HOBBIT-LIKE. You can give the extra-coarse roller to your man, since most men could use a little foot maintenance.


Find an area of your foot to test a small area and get used to the feeling, turn on the Micro-Pedi and go to town on any calloused areas.  I see a lot of you out there with scaly, white heels, so don't even pretend you don't need this (unless you get a pedicure every week or so).  Just use this as if you were sanding something delicate, which you are!  I'm telling you, this thing is like magic.  Your feet will be soft and callous-free in no time and whether (like me) you just don't like strangers touching you, or you just want to maintain that pedicure you paid for, the Micro-Pedi is a godsend.  You need two AA batteries (not included) and you're on your way to soft, smooth feet.


The Micro-Pedi retails for $39.99, but I found mine online for $29.99.  I rate this eight out of eight tentacles!

Rating: 8/8 tentacles





You may also like: Avon Therapeutic Cracked Heel Relief Cream, Avon Anti-Rub Blister Stick, and The Body Shop's Coconut Body Scrub.

1 comment:

  1. Do you mind posting where you found it for $29.99?

    ReplyDelete