Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Hawaiian Tropic After Sun Lime Coolada:My Skin Drank This Up.

Metric Jenn





It was gorgeous weather outside this past Wednesday and Thursday in my neck of the woods, two perfect days sandwiched between horrendous thunder storms and blech-days that made you want to curl up with a book in front of a fire place. So of course I took those days off and laid in the sun. I put on the requisite 15 SPF sunscreen, because DUH - cancer you guys! What's that? 45 SPF or higher? Go to hell. I'll do what I want. 

So I guess it should come as no surprise to anyone that bits of me were crispier than others by the end of my two day marathon of sunbathing.

Here is where Hawaiian Tropic's After Sun Lime Coolada comes into play. I just completely RANDOMLY picked it up at Shopper's Drug Mart. I have plenty of After-Sun products with aloe and all that crap. But this caught my eye for no real reason. It was $12.99 for 480ml; not cheap, but not out of my Make-Me-Pretty budget. Its label talks about aloe, cocoa butter, Shea butter, and "exotic island botanicals" - whatever that means - and it obviously piqued my interest. So I bought it on a whim and I am SO GLAD that I did!

You guys, this lotion is like Christmas and 5 Stanley Cup Finals all wrapped into one bowl of Pomegranate Sobert. *I really like pomegranate sobert*. It goes on smooth and isn't oily at all. It worked wonders on my crispy bits, and within a day, I was all-over evenly tanned. Even my gross dry elbows soaked this stuff up and feel softer! Yes...my gross dry elbows. Those things are always dry and cracked and have scattered freckles of weirdness on them. Lime Coolada was able to help! Even the smell is lovely. Not too fruity, yet it reminds you of summer. If I were a religious person, this product would go up on a shrine, or possibly get nailed to a cross of some sort. I love it so.

To sum up: Buy this if you want to soothe some slightly crispy skin. I do not recommend this on an ACTUAL sunburn. Please consult your doctor for anything more than slight redness.

Rating: 8/8 tentacles





I suppose summer is here. Perhaps you'd like to see more products for summer? Learn how to defeat Chub Rub with this Hot Tip. Maybe you can achieve smooth legs with EOS Shave Cream. Avon Anti-Rub Blister Stick will help with sandal blisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment