Monday, June 18, 2012

Birchbox Treats: Miracle Skin Transformer Body SPF20

Pinky McLadybits





As I mentioned previously, I have subscribed to Birchbox. This means that, for $10 a month, I get a themed box filled with samples and full-size products based on my profile information. The May Birchbox was Gossip Girl themed and included a sample of Miracle Skin Transformer Body SPF20.

When you market something as a Miracle Skin Transformer, you really need to be sure your product can deliver on such promises. Miracle. Transformer. These are powerful words to throw around. Especially since it is made to go on your legs or decolletage and promises to even out the skin tone and leave a bit of shimmer in its wake.

Promises, promises. Eesh.

I bruise easily on my legs. I say easily, but I run into things a lot. Grace does not run in the family. Anyway, I thought that this Miracle Skin Transformer would be the way to hide the leg imperfections and possibly make the bruises less noticeable. When the product says body transformer, I expect something. What I got was nothing.

I put a small amount of the Miracle Skin Transformer on my palm and proceeded to test it on a small part of my calf. It added shimmer to my leg and my palm with orange-y brown, like a starlet on the red carpet. Gross. I thought maybe I needed a bit more to make a difference. More Miracle Skin Transformer, more shimmer on my leg, more of my palm looking like I did something nasty with it on Lindsay Lohan. GROSS.

This shit doesn't work. At all. It didn't even the skin tone, it didn't begin to hide even the lightest bruises, and it was a total disappointment. I don't know what else to say. Maybe thank Jebus that it was just a free sample size and the Sugar Lip treatment I got in my Birchbox more than made up for the $10 the subscription cost? Yep. I'll say that.

Rating: 0/8 tentacles






If you would like to try Birchbox, click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment