Wednesday, March 7, 2012

e.l.f. Foundation Brush: Better Slap Application!

Pinky McLadybits






Ah, foundation! One of the many banes of my existence. I'm bad at choosing the shade, choosing the type, applying it, and remembering to wash it off. So pretty in the brain, I am.

Vee, when giving me a tutorial on makeup, told me about the foundation brush and how it helps you to apply your foundation more easily. She said it helps blend the foundation and you apply less than with your hands. When I saw this e.l.f. Foundation Brush on clearance at Target after the holidays, I knew it was finally time to give it a go.

I usually glopped foundation into my hands and then applied it like a lotion to my face. I ended up with feeling like I'd just Snooki'd my face and felt like I disturbed all of the primer and other things I applied to my face prior to the foundation. When I got my Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse, I used the provided round sponge applicator. Again, I felt as though I was rubbing off all of my lotion and makeup primer. I also felt like the sponge was probably dirty and full of old skin and nastiness. Horf.

Then I gave the e.l.f. Foundation Brush a go. Apart from the bumpiness of the handle, which is easily avoided with buying the year-round version, the brush was super soft and comfortable. I was able to swipe less with the brush than I did with the sponge applicator and smooth the foundation onto my face. It was also a lot easier to get the foundation into the nooks and crannies of my face, such as on either side of my nose and jawline. I was also able to more easily keep the foundation from straying into my hairline. The brush also makes blending a breeze and gave me better control over the amount I used to finish everything up. I love it.

Rating: 8/8 tentacles

No comments:

Post a Comment